At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies.
We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company. Specifically, we are looking for an exceptional candidate who has experience with new product introduction, supply chain management and manufacturing operations both domestic and international. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for building something different that can impact medical research and patient care. If you want to help change the current paradigm of DNA sequencing send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Lead the transfer of new products from product development to contract manufacturers including identifying appropriate manufacturing vendors, managing appropriate terms and managing the processes for high volume manufacturing
- Provide hands-on support for manufacturing changes and improvements
- Establish and manage supply chain, quality, and testing functions of the manufacturing process
- Create scalable manufacturing processes, verification test plans, protocols, reports and documentation
- Lead product and process failure investigations to determine root causes of failures and to implement effective corrective actions for high quality, low maintenance product manufacturing
- Develop, release and maintain product assembly drawings, bill of materials, and processes in preparation for ISO9000 and other regulatory certifications
- BS or MS degree in engineering, physics, biology, biochemistry or similar field. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience managing manufacturing activities, both internally and outsourced in biomedical or life sciences or electronic appliances
- 5+ years of experience managing production/manufacturing operations with expertise scaling manufacturing processes
- Experience with FDA/cGMP quality system and ISO 13485 standards and certification
- Experience with reagents, instruments and possibly chip manufacturing
- Experience with next-gen sequencing (NGS) or similar genomic instrumentation (e.g. hardware/software, microfluidics, electronics, biological materials) is preferred
- Experience working with offshore manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites
- Demonstrated experience in technical project/program leadership and management
- Track record of successful team leadership with proven skills in team building, employee coaching and talent development
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary functions, including engineering, quality, and molecular biology groups
- Experience defining and driving goals, milestones, and timelines to meet critical deadlines.
- Innovative, driven, results-oriented and methodical, with record of achievement commensurate with previous experience
- Experience with start-up environments is a plus.
At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimers, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour, and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University. We have built an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – join our team and be part of the adventure!