GenapSys will change the world of healthcare and diagnostics by making sequencing technology affordable for everyone.
We are a fast-growing team that combines young talent with seasoned experienced industry veterans, across a range of disciplines – including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, fluidics experts, chemists, molecular biologists, and informaticians. Together we are working to make a great impact in the world – join us!
We’re seeking talented and organized team players to join our fast-paced startup as a Systems Engineer. We are looking for an eager and enthusiastic person who can dive into multiple tasks and take on many responsibilities. Specifically, we are looking for someone with experience in mechanical design, thermal and fluidic simulation and design, and software development for bench level proof of concept and testing. This is a hands-on job requiring the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly design and deliver working systems.
Participate in development of complex machines by contributing to the mechanical, fluidic, thermal, and controls design disciplines.
- Design and rapidly prototype novel fluidic and thermal control processes
- Design and rapidly prototype Human-Machine interface hardware
- Write basic control software and perform functional tests
- Support existing lab hardware with upgrades, troubleshooting, and repair
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Hands-on experience building, troubleshooting, and rapid prototyping complex assemblies
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages (LabVIEW, python, C#, or other)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed high-quality systems on time
- Experience with finite element modeling as well as back of the envelope calculations to confirm results
- Experience delivering mechanical assemblies from 3D modeling through putting the parts together including drafting, BOMS, and documentation packages
- Understanding of electronic system debug and test
If interested, please send your resume and availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at GenapSys, we are developing a revolutionary DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimers, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour, and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University. GenapSys was incorporated in early 2010 and has built an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – join our team and be a part of the adventure!