Software Quality Assurance Engineer
At GenapSys we are working to change the world of healthcare and diagnostics. Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills – from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through cheaper, faster, and more accurate DNA sequencing technologies.
We’re looking for talented and passionate team players to join our fast-paced startup company. Specifically, we are looking for an exceptional Candidate with a Bachelor’s degree and five year of relevant industry experience with a proven track record of success testing, validating and documenting new products to ensure a successful launch. If you want to help change the current paradigm of DNA sequencing send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please include a short description that tells us how you stand out as an ideal contributor to the GenapSys vision and goals.
- Define tests methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under normal and abnormal conditions
- Create test tools that
facilitate data gathering and test method execution
- Work on complex problem and/or projects where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements are stated correctly, unambiguous and verifiable
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements and performance requirements of the overall system
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with black box testing with proven bug detection and regression skills
- Ability to quickly develop and prioritize test cases based on changes
- Strong hands on experience with QA methodologies; prior QA experience a plus
- Proven experience with Selenium
- Proficient in at least one of the common coding languages including Java, Python, PHP, Android and SQL
- Familiar with the SOA requirements and demands of a full product cycle
- Strong understanding of testing for mobile and browser based applications and services
- Must be comfortable and adaptable in a very high-paced and informal environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity and influence effectively
- Can develop a plan quickly with limited information
- Demonstrated ability and passion for delivering high quality features and end-to-end scenarios
At GenapSys, we are developing a DNA-sequencing technology that will revolutionize the world of healthcare. Our system will enable fast, accurate, and ultra-low cost genetic tests in order to better understand (and ultimately treat) genetic diseases such as Cancer, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, and Alzheimers, just to name a few. GenapSys was founded by Dr. Hesaam Esfandyarpour, and incubated over 6 years (2004-2010) at Stanford University. The company was incorporated in early 2010 and is funded by leading firms in both venture and institutional capital. We have built an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – join our team and be a part of the adventure!